Beware of suspicious phone calls, contacts and bulletins: warning of the Guarantor on misleading messages
Treviso, Tuesday 5th January 2021
Beware of suspicious phone calls, contacts and bulletins: warning of the Guarantor on misleading messages.
There have been reported cases of suspicious telephone calls and/or contacts, through which, using names easily confused with those of the Chamber of Commerce, were proposed
- actions to support the payment of bills to companies in difficulty (for example, with a request to fax the latest paid bills for energy, gas, etc.)
- services such as subscription to lists and/or consultancy (e.g. with requests for money for the allocation of European funds by unidentified EU consultancy firms)
- requests for information, including confidential information (e.g. bank details)
- telephone calls announcing false refunds of the annual fee paid on the basis of an unspecified "assignment from the Chamber of Commerce";
- current account slips with misleading wording, which may suggest a compulsory payment required by the Chamber of Commerce (e.g.: registrations in lists or payment of alleged "registration fees" to owners of patents and trademarks);
- proposals for the sale of publications: studies, research, price lists, collections of uses are not the subject of telephone offers or direct contact in the company but may be downloaded from our website or distributed at our offices.
The reported cases: https://www.tb.camcom.gov.it/content/14710/bollettini_ingannevoli.html